My name is Abdullah M. Issa. I was born on 20/2/1970 at Bwejuu village, Zanzibar.
I am Tanzanian, am married and having 4 children.
- 1977 -1984 Bwejuu Primary School –Zanzibar
- 1985 -1988 Bwejuu secondary school and Lumumba secondary school –Zanzibar
- 1990 -1993 Tanzania Training Centre for Orthopedic Technologists – awarded diploma in orthopedic technology
- Now I am doing a BSc. in prosthetics & orthotics at Tumaini University in Moshi Tanzania. I am sponsored by 500 miles.
From 1993 up to now I am employed by the Ministry of Health and Social walfare, working in the orthopaedic workshop at Mnazi Mmoja Hospital –Zanzibar.
Post graduate courses/special training
- March 1993 – International update course on amputation surgery and related prosthetics and orthotics
- August 2000 – International short-term courses on management of poliomyelitis
- August 2000 – Hands on workshop on lower limb orthotics
- September 2004 – In structure courses on management of cerebral pulse
NOTE: all above courses are by ISPO
- August 2008 – The guidelines of management of ear, nose and throat diseases and pre-school hearing screening.
Watching football, swimming, and music.